Announcing New GUI-TALK Mailing List

## Nachricht vom 30.05.98 weitergeleitet
## Ursprung : n.mueller_bEi_hit-n.mueller.zer
## Ersteller: dandrews_bEi_visi.com

     I am pleased to be able to announce a new list called GUI-TALK.
The purpose of GUI-TALK is to discuss the use of the Graphical User
Interface, (GUI,) by blind and visually impaired persons.  The GUI includes,

but is not limited to, Microsoft Windows 3.X, Windows 95, Windows 98,
Windows NT, X-Windows, the Macintosh OS, etc.  The GUI can also include
graphical interfaces used on consumer electronics devices, office equipment,

bank machines, etc.

     GUI-TALK provides a forum where we can ask questions and get answers
to those inquiries.  We can share tips and tricks, discuss software and
hardware used to access the GUI, and more.  This list is sponsored by the
National Federation of the Blind and will occasionally carry announcements o
interest to NFB members and our friends and supporters.  GUI-TALK also gives

you access to the resources and information provided by the International
Braille and Technology Center for the Blind, the world's largest
demonstration and evaluation center for computer technology used by blind
persons.  GUI-TALK will be moderated, and off-topic messages will not be
permitted.  People violating this rule will be warned privately via e-mail.
If violation of this rule continues, their names will be removed from the
mailing list by the moderator.

     To subscribe to GUI-TALK, send a message to

listserv_bEi_nfbnet.org

Leave the subject of the message blank, and in the body put:

subscribe gui-talk

If you would rather receive the list in a digest format, one message per day
,
then put the following line in the body of the message:

subscribe gtalk-d

"gui-talk_bEi_nfbnet.org" with out the quotes.  Use of this address
will automatically post your message to all subscribers to the GUI-TALK
mailing list via the Internet.  At the same time, your message will be
posted to the GUI-TALK Forum carried on the NFB NET BBS, which is message
area 14.

     To unsubscribe from this list, please send your message to
the address: "listserv_bEi_nfbnet.org."  Leave the subject blank and
put:

unsubscribe gui-talk

in the body of the message.  To unsubscribe from the digest, put:

unsubscribe gtalk-d

instead.  For help with all Listserv commands, send a message with a blank
subject to "listserv_bEi_nfbnet.org " and put "help" in the body of the
message.

     If you have any questions, you can send mail to the GUI-TALK moderator
David Andrews at "david.andrews_bEi_nfbnet.org."  You
can also reach the NFB NET BBS via Telnet now by pointing your
Telnet client to "nfbnet.org" or "209.98.54.33."

     Thanks for your interest in GUI-TALK and the National
Federation of the blind.

David Andrews

David Andrews (dandrews_bEi_visi.com)
or BBS: (telnet to nfbnet.org) or call (612) 696-1975

Net-Tamer V 1.10 Beta  - Registered