Java "Accessibility API" Recommendations

## Nachricht vom 20.11.97 weitergeleitet
## Ursprung : n.mueller_bEi_hit-n.mueller.zer
## Ersteller: chisholm_bEi_trace.wisc.edu

As many of you know, the Trace Center was asked by several contingents
of the disability community to see what can be done to bring together the
two major efforts that are being undertaken to make Java accessible - one
by Sun and one by Microsoft.   We began by evaluating the two Accessibility
 APIs and doing some analyses to compare the two approaches.
To further discussion and continue our evaluation, we thought we would put
 some of the work we have done out on the web for general review.  The
cooperative java compatibility effort comparison table, a method by method
comparison of the two APIs, is at:
 http://trace.wisc.edu//world/java/comparex.htm
As a follow up to the comparison table, our cooperative java compatibility
 effort recommendations are available at:
 http://trace.wisc.edu/world/java/cooprec.htm
The Trace Center  Designing Universal/Accessible Web Sites home page, of
which the Cooperative Java Accessibility Project is a part of, is:
 http://trace.wisc.edu/world/web/index.html
As there are other developments, we will post them to this page as well.  As
always we appreciate any comments, suggestions, or feedback on these
materials.  If you are involved in or aware of other Java Accessibility
efforts
that we can coordinate with, please let us know.
Trace Java Team